In my project, I have an activity called "marquee". For some reason however, there are 2 files associated with that activity inside a subfolder in "layout". I don't remember making it. Why is it here? I've been wasting time changing code in "activity_marquee.xml", but nothing was changing because my phone would only use "activity_marquee.xml (v26)" that was created somehow. How do I make sure all phones use the same "activity_marquee.xml"? And how would I remove the unnecessary one? If I delete either one, both of them, and even the folder that contains the 2 activities gets removed.
I've tried changing my minSdkVersion and targetSdkVersion (in build.gradle) around to different values hoping that only 1 activity would remain, but the (v26) still stays. I've also tried adding to the AndroidManifest.xml and changing the min, target, and max sdk versions, but both files remain.
https://i.imgur.com/qrPoPHv.png (link to the image because I don't have 10 reputations to post it yet)
build.gradle:
android {
compileSdkVersion 28
defaultConfig {
applicationId "(removed)"
minSdkVersion 19
targetSdkVersion 28
versionCode 1
versionName "1.0"
testInstrumentationRunner "android.support.test.runner.AndroidJUnitRunner"
}
buildTypes {
release {
minifyEnabled false
proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile('proguard-android.txt'), 'proguard-rules.pro'
}
}
}
AndroidManifest.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"></uses-permission>
<application
android:allowBackup="true"
android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher"
android:label="@string/app_name"
android:roundIcon="@mipmap/ic_launcher_round"
android:supportsRtl="true"
android:theme="@style/AppTheme">
<activity android:name=".MainActivity">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
</intent-filter>
</activity>
<activity android:name=".MarqueeActivity">
</activity>
</application>
I'd like to use only 1 layout file for each activity and have it work on all higher level android APIs. I made another app just 2 weeks ago based on a tutorial, and I didn't have to change layouts in 2 files. I'd like the same here if possible.
