How to create signed apk using upload_cert.der file

Viewed 5251

I have read many reference about Google app signing but still did not found my requirement. I have only upload_cert.der and deployment_cert.der file. I have not access of publisher play store account. I have to only created updated APK and deliver its to client and client will upload it. Now my question is that :

  • If i have only upload_cert.der and deployment_cert.der file then, can we create signed apk which can update existing application on store?
  • If above requirement is possible then please explain step by step process of creating signed apk using upload_cert.der and deployment_cert.der file that can successfully update exiting application.
1 Answers

The .der files are not sufficient to sign anything. You will need the original keystores which contain the private key.

I've explained this in details in this post before what these files are and what they're used for.

Related