I am using Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint assembly to do presentation manipulations in VSTO-Addin application.
I figured out that the method:
Slides.InsertFromFile(string FileName, int Index, int SlideStart, int SlideEnd)
does not work when the inserted slide(s) contain SVG image.
There is no exception but when the presentation is opened in PowerPoint the image is displayed with a "red cross" sign like the image is missing, or the link to it is missing.
Further, I have investigated the PowerPoint file content (by renaming it to .zip). I figured out that when I use the interop method there are no copied binary files in the \ppt\media folder. When I insert SVG file directly from PowerPoint the same directory contains the files: image1.png and image2.svg
So, I think that Microsoft's API does not handle this case - insert of slides with SVG files.
Any ideas on how to go further with this?
Used versions:
- Microsoft PowerPoint 365 ProPlus: Version 1812 (Build 11126.20188)
- Microsoft Windows: Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.472)
- Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.dll 15.0.0.0 (C#)