I’m developing a WPF application which downloads some MSI files which are greater than 100 MB. While downloading, if the internet is disconnected, the currently downloading file has to resume from where the download was interrupted. I used the WebClient and Cookies for downloading the files. The files are not resumed if the internet was disconnected and connected again. I have used the following code. Can anyone suggest me how to achieve the resume process?
using (CookieAwareWebClient client = new CookieAwareWebClient())
{
client.DownloadProgressChanged += WebClientDownloadProgressChanged;
client.DownloadFileCompleted += new AsyncCompletedEventHandler(Client_DownloadFileCompleted);
client.DownloadFileAsync(url, fileName);
}
static void WebClientDownloadProgressChanged(object sender,
DownloadProgressChangedEventArgs e)
{
Console.WriteLine("Download status: {0}%.", e.ProgressPercentage);
Console.WriteLine(e.BytesReceived.ToString());
}
static void Client_DownloadFileCompleted(object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
{
Console.WriteLine("Download finished!");
}
}
public class CookieAwareWebClient : WebClient
{
private readonly CookieContainer m_container = new CookieContainer();
protected override WebRequest GetWebRequest(Uri address)
{
WebRequest request = base.GetWebRequest(address);
HttpWebRequest webRequest = request as HttpWebRequest;
if (webRequest != null)
{
webRequest.CookieContainer = m_container;
}
return request;
}
}