Can anyone provide what versions are compatible please for vagrant/ virtual box on mac mojave 10.14.2. I'm trying to learn these technologies from scratch.
I currently have vagrant 1.7.1 and virtualbox 6.0.0r127566
> vagrant --version
> Vagrant 1.7.1
After a fresh install of the programs running this command returns the following error
> vagrant status
> No usable default provider could be found for your system.
Vagrant relies on interactions with 3rd party systems, known as
"providers", to provide Vagrant with resources to run development
environments. Examples are VirtualBox, VMware, Hyper-V.
The easiest solution to this message is to install VirtualBox,
which is available for free on all major platforms.
If you believe you already have a provider available, make sure it
is properly installed and configured. You can see more details
about why a particular provider isn't working by forcing usage with
`vagrant up --provider=PROVIDER`, which should give you a more
specific error message for that particular provider.
A previous message I received in the terminal suggested to downgrade to version 4 of VirtualBox but looking at the website the versions mentioned in the error message are not supported now.
Thanks!