I have a C function that takes pointer to a function as an argument. This function argument is supposed to be supplied by a library user so it is not implemented in source files.
/** @brief Map function.
*
* Apply function to each node of list.
*
* @relates list
* @param[in] self list handle.
* @param[in] func function to apply to list nodes.
* @param[in] data user data passed to function.
*/
void map(struct list *self,
void (*func) (void *node, void *data),
void *data);
I'm writing documentation to it using doxygen and I'm not sure how to document arguments and return values of the pointer to a function argument func.
It's possible to do it inside @param func field but it seems awkward.
What is the best way to document arguments and return values of the pointer to the function func using doxygen?
Is it possible to create a nested function documentation for func inside map or to create a dummy function documentation that can be referenced?