Deoplete doesn't work for neovim in ArchLimux

Viewed 717

I'm trying to use neovim with deoplete on ArchLinux. Both requires Python support. I've installed neovim plugin and python-neovim, python2-neovim extra plugins with pacman to use python. This is my extra simple neovim configs:

call plug#begin('~/.vim/plugged')

if has('nvim')
  Plug 'Shougo/deoplete.nvim', { 'do': ':UpdateRemotePlugins' }
else
  Plug 'Shougo/deoplete.nvim'
  Plug 'roxma/nvim-yarp'
  Plug 'roxma/vim-hug-neovim-rpc'
endif
let g:deoplete#enable_at_startup = 1

" Initialize plugin system
call plug#end()

But deoplete autocompletion doesn't work for me. I've run :checkhealth and this is the result:

health#deoplete#check
========================================================================
## deoplete.nvim
  - OK: exists("v:t_list") was successful
  - OK: has("timers") was successful
  - OK: has("python3") was successful
  - OK: Python3.5+ was successful
  - INFO: If you're still having problems, try the following commands:
    $ export NVIM_PYTHON_LOG_FILE=/tmp/log
    $ export NVIM_PYTHON_LOG_LEVEL=DEBUG
    $ nvim
    $ cat /tmp/log_{PID}
    and then create an issue on github

Could someone explaine me what I'm doing wrong?

1 Answers

Fairly sure you need neovim-python or python-pynvim which is a community repo in the AUR.

After that just run pip3 install --user --upgrade pynvim and you ought to be settled.

edit: just noticed that the answer was suggested in the comments below, and that it is confirmed to be working. Nice!

Related