How to inspect element in IOS app on iphone?

Viewed 2845

I am quite new to IOS app automation testing.
I am trying to automate the testing of IOS app using Appium.
But I am not able to inspect the element of IOS app on simulator.
I am using a

  • Mac Book Pro 10.14.2 version,
  • 'xcode' V10.1,
  • npm version 6.5.0,
  • node v11.6.0,
  • Simulator iPhone 8 V12.1,
  • Appium version 1.9.1,
  • Mobile platform version 12.1.

The Appium install and the App and the WDA started on the simulator,
but after that, it failed to start the application.

1 Answers

I suggest using official inspector tool: appium-desktop

First of all, you need to resign WebDriverAgent with Apple developer certificate you are using for your iOS app.

Then launch appium-desktop and start a new session with following capabilities:

app: <absolute path to ipa file>
automationName: 'XCUITest'
deviceName: 'iPhone X'
platformName: 'iOS'
platformVersion: '11.0',
udid: <your device UDID>,
xcodeOrgId:
xcodeSigningId:

More details about Appium capabilities in general and iOS XCUITest ones.

Related