The problem I am having is that my objects become stretched when I use full screen. I want it to fit the full screen coordinates, so it looks exactly the same as Image A. I know that glViewport determines the portion of the window to which OpenGL is drawing to, and it can help set my objects to the entire window. However, I haven't used glViewport, instead I am used gluOrtho2D.
Click here to see the full code
Image A (screen size: 700, 600)
Image B (full screen size)
gluOrtho2D code
// this is the initialisation function, called once only
void init() {
glClearColor(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0); // set what colour you want the background to be
glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); // set the matrix mode
gluOrtho2D(0.0, winWidth, 0.0, winHeight); // set the projection window size in x and y.
}
I am originally using gluOrtho2D and it is used to set up a two-dimensional orthographic viewing region.

