I am trying to make my RP a server for some web automation tasks so I installed python 3.7 and pypputeer (Python's version for Googlel's puppeteer). The problem is that my code that run smoothly on my OSX gives me the following error on the PI:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 45, in <module>
asyncio.get_event_loop().run_until_complete(main())
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py", line 568, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
File "main.py", line 16, in main
browser = await launch(headless=True)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyppeteer/launcher.py", line 311, in launch
return await Launcher(options, **kwargs).launch()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyppeteer/launcher.py", line 169, in launch
**options,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 756, in __init__
restore_signals, start_new_session)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 1499, in _execute_child
raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
OSError: [Errno 8] Exec format error: '/home/pi/.local/share/pyppeteer/local-chromium/575458/chrome-linux/chrome'
The code only starts chromium in headless mode:
async def main():
browser = await launch(headless=True)
page = await browser.newPage()
await page.goto(URL_FOR_SCRAPING)
asyncio.get_event_loop().run_until_complete(main())
I tried to install all the Debian dependencies from here and also make pypputeer install chromium again like it does at first time. but nothing seems to solve this error. There is also this Github post that doens't seem to be helpful. Does anyone know what can be done?