Invalid password when signing Tizen package

Viewed 994

I'm having trouble signing a basic Tizen package, here are the steps I've followed:

Installation:

  • Execute the Tizen studio 3.0 web-ide installer
  • Accept the license agreement
  • Use the default SDK and Data location (click install)
  • Launch the package manager
  • Install the 4.0 wearable package
  • Exit the package manager and launch Tizen studio

Create the Project:

  • Launch with the default workspace
  • File->new->Tizen project
  • Select template
  • Select wearable 4.0
  • Select native application
  • Select basicUI
  • Finish

Create the Certificate:

  • Tools->certificate manager
  • Click the "+" button to create a new certificate profile
  • Name the certificate "TestCert"
  • Select "Create a new author certificate" and click next
  • Filename:author
  • Author Name:Sam
  • Password:password
  • Select "use the default Tizen distributor certificate" and click Finish
  • Exit out of the certificate manager

Try to Build the Package:

  • Select the project you created earlier
  • Project->build signed package

I get this console output:

Initialize... OK
Copying files... OK
Signing... java.io.IOException: Invaild password

I am aware of these other stack overflow questions but they do not help me:

tizen studio (x64) - Build Signed Package - Creating package failed - java.io.IOexception: Invalid password

Sign application package with cerificate profile in tizen studio

Can anyone spot what I'm doing wrong?

This was all done on Debian 9.

1 Answers

I am not 100% sure of what I am saying here. It appears that Tizen Studio on Linux uses secret-tool (https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man1/secret-tool.1.html) to store certificate passwords. If the Platform Keyring (Gnome Keyring) is not configured properly, secret-tool fails and Tizen Studio does not appear to propagate this failure properly to the user. There are too many variables here, but one should first try running the secret-tool that gets shipped with the Tizen Studio IDE (tizen-studio/tools/certificate-encryptor/secret-tool) and see if it throws any errors when trying to save a password.

Related