W/audio_hw_generic: Not supplying enough data to HAL flooding logcat?

Viewed 7382

I made a mediaplayer app with a media service which controls my mediaplayer object.

Everything works fine but my logcat gets flooded with this message every second.

What does this message mean?

Logcat (info)

W/audio_hw_generic: Not supplying enough data to HAL, expected position 
7310473 , only wrote 7310160
W/audio_hw_generic: Not supplying enough data to HAL, expected position 
7326138 , only wrote 7326000
W/audio_hw_generic: Not supplying enough data to HAL, expected position 
7326108 , only wrote 7326000   
W/audio_hw_generic: Not supplying enough data to HAL, expected position 
7328176 , only wrote 7326720
W/audio_hw_generic: Not supplying enough data to HAL, expected position 
7330512 , only wrote 7330320
W/audio_hw_generic: Not supplying enough data to HAL, expected position 7333401 , only wrote 7333200
1 Answers

After some research i found some useful link to this issue.

Actually this is the warning given by Hardware Abstraction Layer(Hal).

What is Hal? you can find about it here :

HAL works like the connection b/w software and hardware layer.

After a bit more searching I found the file where this log is coded..

https://android.googlesource.com/device/generic/goldfish/+/master/audio/audio_hw.c#512

Where we can see that some_position > some_frames_written which may be causing this warning.

Also, this warning generally comes in Generic Devices like emulator or pure android devices. Did you tried the app on real device or by changing device? I think this issue is not related to your application but to your device.

PS : I have just searched these things and don't have much knowledge about them. May be i am wrong about the issue.

Related