GIT repo connection failed in cPanel

Viewed 21017

I am having issue connecting git repo to cpanel. I have added SSH keys to cPanel from git correctly. Sometime repo are connecting and sometime i am getting following issue Error: “/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/git” reported error code “128” when it ended: fatal: could not read Password for 'https://......@bitbucket.org': No such device or address

enter image description here

Thank you in advance

3 Answers

I have added SSH keys to cPanel

Then you should use an SSH URL (git@server:user/repo), not an HTTPS one (which starts with https://...)

See "Guide to Git - Set Up Access to Private Repositories" from the CPanel Knowledge Base.

git clone git@example.com:MyStuff/private-repository.git

You can see here a typical BitBucket SSH URL:

git@bitbucket.org:<account_name>/<repo_name>.git
# or
ssh://git@bitbucket.org/<account_name>/<repo_name>.git

Note: the username for a BitBucket repo is always git.

Also confirm that the repository is public, i just had this issue and figured my repository was private so it couldn't be found

Try the following:

ssh-keygen -t rsa -b 2048 -C "yourserverusername@yourserverdomain.com"
Related