I have a question about null result caching behavior of Amazon DAX. If I try to GetItem from DAX with Dynamodb, and the item result is null. Will the DAX cache the null result to accelerate the get null item?
I have a question about null result caching behavior of Amazon DAX. If I try to GetItem from DAX with Dynamodb, and the item result is null. Will the DAX cache the null result to accelerate the get null item?
Yes, DAX will cache the negative result:
DAX supports negative cache entries, in both the item cache and the query cache. A negative cache entry occurs when DAX cannot find requested items in an underlying DynamoDB table. Instead of generating an error, DAX caches an empty result and returns that result to the user.
A negative cache entry will remain in the DAX item cache until its item TTL has expired, LRU is invoked, or until the item is modified using PutItem, UpdateItem or DeleteItem.