I have a table in DynamoDB with both partition and sort keys. I want to retrieve all the items that have a given partition key, regardless of the sort key.
How do I do this?
I have a table in DynamoDB with both partition and sort keys. I want to retrieve all the items that have a given partition key, regardless of the sort key.
How do I do this?
The following approach will work both for tables with partition keys only, and for tables with partition and sort keys:
from boto3 import resource
from boto3.dynamodb.conditions import Key
dynamodb_resource = resource('dynamodb')
def query_table(table_name, key=None, value=None):
table = dynamodb_resource.Table(table_name)
if key is not None and value is not None:
filtering_exp = Key(key).eq(value)
return table.query(KeyConditionExpression=filtering_exp)
raise ValueError('Parameters missing or invalid')
if __name__ == '__main__':
resp = query_table(
table_name='my-table',
key='key-name',
value='match-me'
)
items = resp.get('Items')
print(len(items))
Note: I originally found a helpful answer for this here. Credit where credit is due! (link updated 8/21)