.Net Core Host process High CPU usage in Windows 2016 IIS in Asp.Net Core 2.2 Application

Viewed 9436

I have developed a website in Asp.Net Core 2.2 and hosted on Azure VM (Windows Server 2016 Data Center) in IIS.

I observed that when I access the website then after few requests, it's CPU usage goes to 100% and website does not respond. When I kill the process (.Net Core Host), then website works fine and then again process consume 100% CPU.

enter image description here

I searched a lot in this and found no solution. Many people are suffering with this and still struggling.

Did anyone encountered this problem and found the solution or any workaround? I am open to upgrade (core 3.0) or downgrade (2.0) for my application if it solves the problem.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Edit: After searching on this, i came to know this https://github.com/Microsoft/ApplicationInsights-aspnetcore/issues/690#issuecomment-399046332

That person downgraded the application core v2.1 which solves the high cpu usage problem.

2 Answers

Finally I fixed the problem by downgraded the framework from asp.net core v2.2 to asp.net core v2.0.0

Upper versions are not stable yet.

In my case one instance of 'HttpClient' makes CPU usage high, When I changed the code and create new instance for each request CPU usage went down, because of 'HttpClient' disposing problem with more than one instance and a lot of request in my scenario 'HttpClient' was replaced by 'HttpWebRequest'

Related