Appending parameter to the table name removes the dot operator

Viewed 85

I have given a parameter to my sql script which i use to create new tables. CREATE TABLE TMP_TABLE1&1.

Now when i'm trying to perform an operation on the table using the parameter the dot operator is not showing.

I'm running a script form which i'm calling the sql script. I'm using a unix server.

this is the operation I'm trying to perform select * from TMP_TABLE1&1 where TMP_TABLE1&1.LISTING_STATUS='N' but after running the script with parameter as test1 it removes the '.' from the query and when I check the error log the log shows the query as select * from TMP_TABLE1&1 where TMP_TABLE1test1LISTING_STATUS='N'

why is the dot operator going away? Is there a way around this approach?

1 Answers

Use double dot (..). Otherwise it is like concatenation operator in this context.

TMP_TABLE1&1..LISTING_STATUS='N'

Default CONCAT operator in sqlplus is .

Related