Git LFS with Google Drive, Dropbox, etc?

Viewed 4757

I'm working on a game in Unity, so my project contains art assets. So I have to use Git LFS, but I will run out of that 1 GB quickly. (which is given by BitBucket. And that +1 GB is not so much and also costs a lot.)

Is there a way to store my LFS content on a Google Drive, Dropbox, some Azure service, or anything similar with more than 1 GB capacity?

(Dropbox is not preferred because the cheapest plan they afford is 1 TB and I think that that's a bit steep after a 2.5 GB free plan)

EDIT: I've just emigrated to GitLab, because it offers 10 GB for free.

2 Answers

You could sync as usual using onedrive, and place an additional folder for the assets that you need. Then place a mklink (virtual folder link) in the unity project folder and .gitignore it.

That way you would have the benefits of the 2 world, all you need is to establish a do not edit/remove files rule. All users should do is add additional files, that they will be sync using onedrive and git for the rest.

Related