#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>
#include "glut.h"
void init() {
glClearColor(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION);
gluOrtho2D(0.0, 400, 0.0, 300.0);
}
void drawTurbine() {
// draw the tower
glBegin(GL_LINES);
glColor3f(1.0, 1.0, 1.0);
glVertex2f(160, 40);
glVertex2f(163, 180);
glVertex2f(160, 40);
glVertex2f(175, 40);
glVertex2f(175, 40);
glVertex2f(172, 180);
glEnd();
// Rotate object
glPushMatrix();
glRotatef(100, 0, 1, 0);
// draw first rotor blade
glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES);
glColor3f(1.0, 1.0, 1.0);
glVertex2f(173, 180);
glVertex2f(163, 180);
glVertex2f(168, 270);
glEnd();
// draw second rotor blade
glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES);
glColor3f(1.0, 1.0, 1.0);
glVertex2f(170, 174);
glVertex2f(175, 180);
glVertex2f(247, 140);
glEnd();
// draw third rotor blade
glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES);
glColor3f(1.0, 1.0, 1.0);
glVertex2f(162, 180);
glVertex2f(167, 174);
glVertex2f(88, 140);
glEnd();
// circle in the middle
float theta;
glBegin(GL_POLYGON);
glColor3f(1.0, 1.0, 1.0);
for (int i = 0; i <= 360; i++) {
theta = i * 3.142 / 180;
glVertex2f(168 + 7 * cos(theta), 180 + 6.5 * sin(theta));
}
glEnd();
glPopMatrix();
}
void display() {
glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);
glLoadIdentity();
drawTurbine();
glFlush();
glutSwapBuffers();
glutPostRedisplay();
}
void idle() {
display();
}
int main(int argc, char** argv) {
glutInit(&argc, argv);
glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB);
glutInitWindowSize(700, 600);
glutInitWindowPosition(10, 10);
glutCreateWindow("Wind Turbine");
init();
glutIdleFunc(idle);
glutDisplayFunc(display);
glutMainLoop();
return 0;
}
I have created a wind turbine and I am trying to rotate the rotor blades, but the code just makes it disappear. I want it to rotate clockwise. I just need an idea on how I can make it rotate like a real wind turbine. I am new to using glRotatef, and this will be my first time rotating an object with OpenGL.
