Changes to node_module not being reflected reactjs

Viewed 2240

I'm working with react-html-table-to-excel and what I wanted to do was to change the style of the export button. So, I located the file in: node_module/react-html-table-to-excel/src/ReactHTMLTableToExcel.jsx and I changed it how I wanted.

However, when I save the file and refresh the browser, the changes aren't being reflected in the browser. To make sure, I even commented out the whole file and restarted the server and still no changes were made to the export button.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Answers

If you want to change the style, better to update it in global style.css file of the project.

Do not change anything in node_modules. It's not your code. It's library code. It's third-party code. It's subject to being replaced/updated every time someone runs npm install, or clones your repo anew, or when the repo version updates. You have no way to even know if a particular file is used at run-time; the HTML file for a component's template probably is not. The package is a black box. Depending on how the library is packaged, the template may well have been pre-compiled in a build step run before the package was published.

Related