Verbose logging of Firebase deploy?

Viewed 6536

Is it possible to get verbose logging in Firebase's deploy tool?

I am trying to enable Angular Universal on my site, following this guide: https://hackernoon.com/deploying-angular-universal-v6-with-firebase-c86381ddd445

My app builds just fine, but when executing a firebase deploy, I get this <sarcasm>super helpful</sarcasm> error message:

enter image description here

I would love to know what I am doing wrong, but as it appears Firebase really isn't sure. I checked the log screen under the Firebase console, but it is empty.

3 Answers

If there is still someone having the same question/ issue, this may help:

firebase functions:log

You can view options for the Firebase CLI tool by running firebase --help:

>> firebase --help
Usage: firebase [options] [command]

Options:
  -V, --version                           output the version number
  -P, --project <alias_or_project_id>     the Firebase project to use for this command
  --account <email>                       the Google account to use for authorization
  -j, --json                              output JSON instead of text, also triggers non-interactive mode
  --token <token>                         supply an auth token for this command
  --non-interactive                       error out of the command instead of waiting for prompts
  -i, --interactive                       force prompts to be displayed
  --debug                                 print verbose debug output and keep a debug log file
  -c, --config <path>                     path to the firebase.json file to use for configuration
  -h, --help                              output usage information
...

As you can see here, you can use the --debug flag on any Firebase command to get more verbose output.

If you're using the gcloud CLI to deploy functions gcloud functions deploy (which deploys it to the same place as firebase cloud functions), you can use the verbosity flag

--verbosity=debug

or info, warning, error, critical, or none

https://cloud.google.com/sdk/gcloud/reference#--verbosity

Related