I have some services that were initially designed to be called from my ASP.NET Core 2.1 web application. They have dependencies injected to their constructors using Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection package stuff. Some of them have a dependency of ILogger logger.
public GroupService(ILogger<GroupService> logger)
{
...
}
I am building a service provider within the function so that they can still work as expected however I'm wondering what I should do about the logger dependencies. An Azure Function (V2) gets an ILogger injected into it by default but that can't be used in the DI container to create the additional loggers that the services require.
Is there a LoggerFactory registered somewhere "under the covers" that I can get access to to be used in my DI container? I think that would allow me to add additional loggers that log to the functions output window or am I completely misunderstanding how logging in a function would work?
Do I just need to set up a new LoggerFactory and make that log to the ApplicationInsights instance used by the functions project?