AndroidManifest: resource integer/google_play_services_version not found

Viewed 1518

I have an android Studio (3.2.1) app, with base module and instantApp feature, Target API is 28. Since when I added Firebase, I started having this maniferst merge error in the title, which I solved adding:

<meta-data
    android:name="com.google.android.gms.version"
    android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" />

In the base app manifest, as mentioned in many answers on this topic.

App runs OK and firebase stuff works, but integration tests (and instant app) are broken with error:

resource integer/google_play_services_version (aka it.future.futureandroid.app:integer/google_play_services_version) not found.

Please notice that I added apply plugin: 'com.google.gms.google-services' in the base app gradle as well, while cloud messaging dependency is only specified inside feature module with:

implementation 'com.google.firebase:firebase-messaging:17.3.4'

while at project-level build.gradle i added:

classpath 'com.google.gms:google-services:4.2.0'

I already tried adding configurations.all as reported in similar questions with no luck. It seems that manifest merger, only with instantApp and integration tests, cannot resolve that integer/google_play_services_version

0 Answers
Related