Unity Could not find any supported Visual Studio installations

Viewed 5829

Problem picture

Environment: Windows10 Professional Visual Studio 2017 Unity 2017.4.12f1

I changed the default installation path of Visual Studio 2017 and installed it successfully. The install path as follows:

D:\win10\Program\visual_studio\2017

However, in the Build setting of Unity, it still can't find my Visual Studio 2017. How can I solve the problem? Thanks~

3 Answers

Go to Edit > Preferences, and select your Visual Studio to be the preferred external editor. Use Browse if Visual Studio is not listed. More info here.

Here's a third answer. I just bumped in to this, and checked that yes VS was the preferred editor, so I went to open up VS to try uninstalling and reinstalling the GameDevWithUnity workflow, but VS popped up a dialog saying I needed to reboot my computer before installation could complete. So it seems like VS was stuck in the middle of an upgrade, which makes it reasonable that Unity couldn't find an appropriate version. I rebooted and everyone is happy.

Related