I've been trying to use the below to expose my application to a public IP. This is being done on Azure. The public IP is generated but when I browse to it I get nothing.
This is a Django app which runs the container on Port 8000. The service runs at Port 80 at the moment but even if I configure the service to run at port 8000 it still doesn't work.
Is there something wrong with the way my service is defined?
apiVersion: v1
kind: Service
metadata:
name: web
labels:
app: hmweb
spec:
ports:
- port: 80
selector:
app: hmweb
tier: frontend
type: LoadBalancer
---
apiVersion: apps/v1
kind: Deployment
metadata:
name: hmweb-deployment
labels:
app: hmweb
spec:
replicas: 1
selector:
matchLabels:
app: hmweb
template:
metadata:
labels:
app: hmweb
spec:
containers:
- name: hmweb
image: nw_webimage
envFrom:
- configMapRef:
name: new-config
command: ["/bin/sh","-c"]
args: ["gunicorn saleor.wsgi -w 2 -b 0.0.0.0:8000"]
ports:
- containerPort: 8000
imagePullSecrets:
- name: key
Output of kubectl describe service web (name of service:)
Name: web
Namespace: default
Labels: app=hmweb
Annotations: kubectl.kubernetes.io/last-applied-configuration={"apiVersion":"v1","kind":"Service","metadata":{"annotations":{},"labels":{"app":"hmweb"},"name":"web","namespace":"default"},"spec":{"ports":[{"port":...
Selector: app=hmweb
Type: LoadBalancer
IP: 10.0.86.131
LoadBalancer Ingress: 13.69.127.16
Port: <unset> 80/TCP
TargetPort: 8000/TCP
NodePort: <unset> 31827/TCP
Endpoints: 10.244.0.112:8000
Session Affinity: None
External Traffic Policy: Cluster
Events:
Type Reason Age From Message
---- ------ ---- ---- -------
Normal EnsuringLoadBalancer 8m service-controller Ensuring load balancer
Normal EnsuredLoadBalancer 7m service-controller Ensured load balancer