I would like to integrate Cmder shell into my VS Code configuration.
I'm using VS Code 64bit on Windows, and I tried to modify my settings.json file as follows, to make Cmder work as the integrated terminal:
"terminal.integrated.shell.windows": "C:\\Program Files\\Cmder\\Cmder.exe",
I restarted my VS Code and tried to open the terminal.
At first, this error message box showed up:
Failed to copy ConEmu.xml file to backup location!
Restart Cmder as administrator.
So, I launched VS Code as administrator, which made the error message disappear; however, I noticed that VS Code opens Cmder in another separate window instead of in the terminal.
How can I run Cmder shell inside VS Code terminal?
P.S. Could this note in vs code documentation be the solution?
Tip: The integrated terminal shell is running with the permissions of VS Code. If you need to run a shell command with elevated (administrator) or different permissions, you can use platform utilities such as
runas.exewithin a terminal."
from: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/editor/integrated-terminal