I'm trying to try out Airflow for the very first time and I'm trying to connect it to a local SQLite database. But I can't seem to get my head around on how to actually do it.
I've read up on Airflow's document, Set my executor to LocalExecutor and set up my sql_alchemy_conn to sqlite:////home/myName/Programs/sqlite3/DatabaseName.db but it doesn't seem to work as it throws an
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/airflow", line 21, in <module>
from airflow import configuration
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/airflow/__init__.py", line 35, in <module>
from airflow import configuration as conf
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/airflow/configuration.py", line 520, in <module>
conf.read(AIRFLOW_CONFIG)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/airflow/configuration.py", line 283, in read
self._validate()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/airflow/configuration.py", line 169, in _validate
self.get('core', 'executor')))
airflow.exceptions.AirflowConfigException: error: cannot use sqlite with the LocalExecutor
error when I tried to run airflow initdb. I tried to google around and tried vipul sharma's solution found here and set the value of my sql_alchemy_conn to mysql://:@localhost:3306/ but it still doesn't work as it throws an
sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError: (_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError) (1045, "Access denied for user 'myName'@'localhost' (using password: NO)")
error. I know that the answer should be really simple but I really don't understand how to so I hope you can guide me through on what to do/read.