Keyboard get disabled on Android Studio on Mac

Viewed 3447

While coding sometimes I have to press the undo keyboard shortcut longer than usual. Command+Z

If I press them too long the keyboard get disabled and I have to restart Android Studio

I press them too long to repeat many edits to a file. Then my keyboard is disabled.

I do not know why and I do not know how to enable it back.

I do not want to restart my IDE many times.

Anyone know how to prevent keyboard from being disabled on Android Studio?

2 Answers

I dealt with the same problem.

'hold down key' (long press) in Mac trigger a special character. looks like that Android Studio doesn't support special characters.

to disable this function in Mac open the Terminal and enter the following command:

defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool false

to enable this function - just replace the command to true:

defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool true

after you enter the disable command - closing Android Studio and starting over will resolve that problem for good.

source: http://osxdaily.com/2011/08/04/enable-key-repeat-mac-os-x-lion

Press the key 'x' and hold it for 5 seconds. The keyboard will be back to normal again.

Related