Create a test web application replay to test and also to warm up a server

Viewed 439

I would like to record a step through of a web application, and then replay this for testing. However it would be brilliant if this could be replayed say on a VM every so often to emulate a user to warm up a server.

JMeter, Katalon and Selenium have come up.

EDIT:

I have been playing with Katalon Studio and I'm very impressed with it in recording tests and replaying in a browser. This seems more about functional testing, ie do all the pages work. JMeter is about Load Testing. So different tools. However being able to export JMeter (JMX) files from Katalon would be fab, but I haven't heard it is possible.

2 Answers

JMeter can/is used also for functional testing and have selenium integration

Can JMeter and Selenium collaborate?

Yes. There are various situations where both tools can sync on the same testing application.

You can follow JMeter's recording steps to compare with katalon recording

You can do that with Katalon Studio.

Here's what I do to warm-up the servers:

  • I wrote a simple script (login with username and password, wait for web elements to load, logout),
  • It is repeated on various servers,
  • I put this Test Case in a Test Suite (because I can run test suites from command line),
  • Generate a console command,
  • Use windows scheduler to run the test suite daily early in the morning, before users start working.
Related