I am using API Gateway and an Authorizer to control access to a folder in an S3 bucket. The Authorizer is configured to use a Cognito User Pool. This user pool has the OAuth Scopes phone and email associated with it and also a custom scope which I intend to grant read access to the S3 bucket.
I am finding however that the Authorizer will only accept the ID token to grant access and returns unauthorized if I pass the access token. According to the Amazon docs it should be possible to use an access token.
I have followed the direction given here when requesting an access token so for example I set up the auth variable like so:
var authData = {
ClientId : '<removed>',
AppWebDomain : '<removed',
TokenScopesArray : ['openid','email', 'domain.com/content/content.read'],
RedirectUriSignIn : '<removed>',
RedirectUriSignOut : '<removed'
}
I had assumed that an access token would be all that I required and that was its purpose but I cannot get it to work.

