I would like to kindly ask you if it's possible to send data (a string) in broadcast mode from a BLE device (like a Raspberry Pi, Onion or Arduino with a bluetooth dongle) to another device (like a Phone or another Raspberry Pi), which will show the data on screen.
To be honest it's not necessary to show the data on screen, but the other device must be able to elaborate the received data with a C program I will create.
I made a lot of researches on this topic but I could only find answers about Beacons, these objects can't send useful data for my project(like strings), or BLE devices which have to connect each other to send/receive data.
I would like to create a program in C, in order to achieve this result. I searched something useful in the BlueZ library but I couldn't find anything because they don't explain the meaning of their functions. If it's possible I don't want to creat an android/iOS app.