Pipreqs only list one local package and not same version than in requirements.txt

Viewed 538

I struggle understanding the pipreqs behaviour.

In my project, I use a virtualenv (Pipreqs is installed globally). I have a requirements.txt file that I first wrote manually, then I did a pip freeze and now I have way more packages than I want (because there are dependencies of dependencies...).

So I found pipreqs to get a requirements file with only the packages that matter.

I activate my virtualenv then pipreqs --savepath requirements2.txt --use-local.

I use --use-local cause I want the currently installed versions of my packages.

And I end up with a file with only one package (not even the version used in my project)...

Without --use-local it seems to retrieve the correct number of packages but the versions are the "up-to-date" ones, not the ones in my project.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks for the help

0 Answers
Related