Visual Studio 2017 v15.9 on Windows 10 has apparently a new bug: the storyboard designer cannot connect to Mac. Previously in 15.8, the storyboard could connect and many features are working fine, however the ImageView could not work properly. After upgrading to to VS 2017 v15.9, the storyboard editor could not connect to Mac thus could not be opened, while VS is actually connecting to Mac and is able to compile and debug and deploy iOS app to simulators and devices.
I am having Mac Mini and xcode 10.1, but no VS for Mac. It is easy to replicate: just create a new Xamarin app with iOS project. After compiling and testing in simulators running in mac to prove things are OK, then double click on either LaunchScreen.storyboard or Main.storyboard created by scaffolding, then the designer tries to connect to Mac and end up with error message: "The iOS Designer requires an active connection to a Mac server. Please connect to a Mac to enable the designer.".
Now all my iOS apps work however I could not alter any storyboard. I don't like modifying the XML directly in a text editor.
I had spent hours researching solutions or hacks, so far no luck. Do you have some ideas? Cheers.