I am working on a TreeView which represents a robot controlling program, each TreeCell represents a statement, and a TreeCell can be nested in an other one. Like in programming, statements can be nested in if or for statements.
Here I have created a simple demo, filled with some random blocks.
To customize the rendering of TreeCell, I have create a class extending TreeCell:
public class TreeDataCell extends TreeCell<TreeData> {
public void updateItem(TreeData item, boolean empty) {
super.updateItem(item, empty);
setText(null);
if (item == null || empty) {
setGraphic(null);
} else {
setGraphic(getCellGraphic(item));
}
}
private Group getCellGraphic(TreeData data) {
Group grp = new Group();
VBox vbox = new VBox();
vbox.setMinWidth(100);
vbox.setMaxWidth(200);
vbox.setBorder(new Border(new BorderStroke(
Color.LIGHTGRAY.darker(),
BorderStrokeStyle.SOLID,
new CornerRadii(10.0),
new BorderWidths(2.0))));
vbox.setBackground(new Background(new BackgroundFill(Color.LIGHTGRAY, new CornerRadii(10.0), null)));
vbox.setEffect(new DropShadow(2.0, 3.0, 3.0, Color.DIMGRAY));
Region header = new Region();
header.setPrefHeight(5.0);
Region footer = new Region();
footer.setPrefHeight(5.0);
Label labTitle = new Label();
labTitle.setFont(new Font("San Serif", 20));
labTitle.setText(data.getTitle());
Label labDesc = null;
if (data.getDescription() != null) {
labDesc = new Label();
labDesc.setWrapText(true);
labDesc.setText(data.getDescription());
}
vbox.getChildren().addAll(header, labTitle);
if (labDesc != null) {
vbox.getChildren().add(labDesc);
}
vbox.getChildren().add(footer);
grp.getChildren().add(vbox);
return grp;
}
}
The TreeData is a simple class containing 2 Strings:
public class TreeData {
private String title;
private String desc;
/* getters + setters */
}
As you can see, the indentation between two levels are too small, and we can barely see statement nesting.
I am hard coding all the styles in Java, since I haven't learnt FXML+CSS yet.
I'd like to know if it is possible to set the size of indentation in Java? I cannot find any API for this purpose. In addition, is it possible to draw lines between parent node and its children like JTree in Swing ?
Thank you.