Acrobat Reader 2017 reference: MISSING: Adobe Acrobat XX.X Type Library

Viewed 5817

I am able to run the following code where I have Acrobat Reader 2017 installed as well as Adobe Acrobat XI Pro and Distiller XI.

I have another computer without XI Pro or Distiller.

First issue when I open my Excel sheet I get

Compile Error in hidden module: xxxxx

Second issue is in references I have

MISSING: Adobe Acrobat 10.0 Type Library

I uncheck it and run again, then I get errors on Set acroDoc = New AcroPDDoc

I note that I have the "ACROBAT" Ribbon in my working Excel, in my non-working Excel I do not.

    Dim acroExchangeApp As Object
    Set app = CreateObject("Acroexch.app")

    Dim filePaths As Collection     'Paths for PDFS to append
    Set filePaths = New Collection
    Dim fileRows As Collection      'Row numbers PDFs to append
    Set fileRows = New Collection
    Dim sourceDoc As Object
    Dim primaryDoc As Object        ' PrimaryDoc is what we append too
    Dim insertPoint As Long         ' PDFs will be appended after this page in the primary Doc
    Dim startPage As Long           ' First desired page of appended PDF
    Dim endPage As Long             ' Last desired page of appended PDF
    Dim colIndex As Long            '
    Dim numPages As Long
    Dim acroDoc As Object
    Set acroDoc = New AcroPDDoc


    Set primaryDoc = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDDoc")
    OK = primaryDoc.Open(filePaths(1))
    Debug.Print "PRIMARY DOC OPENED & PDDOC SET: " & OK

    For colIndex = 2 To filePaths.count
        query_start_time = time()
        start_memory = GetWorkingMemoryUsage

        numPages = primaryDoc.GetNumPages() - 1

        Set sourceDoc = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDDoc")
        OK = sourceDoc.Open(filePaths(colIndex))
        Debug.Print "(" & colIndex & ") SOURCE DOC OPENED & PDDOC SET: " & OK


     numberOfPagesToInsert = sourceDoc.GetNumPages

        'inserts pages
        acroDoc.Open source_file_name

        insertPoint = acroDoc.GetNumPages - 1


        If endPage > 1 Then
            OK = primaryDoc.InsertPages(insertPoint, sourceDoc, startPage, endPage - startPage, False)
            Debug.Print "(" & colIndex & ") " & endPage - startPage & " PAGES INSERTED SUCCESSFULLY: " & OK
        Else
            OK = primaryDoc.InsertPages(insertPoint, sourceDoc, startPage, endPage - startPage + 1, False)
            Debug.Print "(" & colIndex & ") " & endPage - startPage + 1 & " PAGES INSERTED SUCCESSFULLY: " & OK
        End If


           Set sourceDoc = Nothing

    Next colIndex

    OK = primaryDoc.Save(PDSaveFull, filePaths(1))
    Debug.Print "PRIMARYDOC SAVED PROPERLY: " & OK

    Set primaryDoc = Nothing
    app.Exit
    Set app = Nothing

Latest change:

First I get

Compile error, Cant find project or library

enter image description here

So then I uncheck "MISSING: Adobe Acrobat 10.0 Type Library" which dissolves this error,

enter image description here

Now get the following error, after I did this change:

Set acroDoc = New AcroPDDoc to Set acroDoc = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDDoc")

and now getting an error on the new line like so,

enter image description here

enter image description here

1 Answers
Related