how to use pipenv to run file in current folder

Viewed 6958

Using pipenv to create a virtual environment in a folder. However, the environment seems to be in the path:

/Users/....../.local/share/virtualenvs/......

And when I run the command pipenv run python train.py, I get the error:

can't open file 'train.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

How to run a file in the folder where I created the virtual environment?

2 Answers

You need to be in the same directory of the file you want to run then use: pipenv run python train.py

Note:

You may be at the project main directory while the file you need to run is inside a directory inside your project directory

If you use django to create your project, it will create two folders inside each other with the same name so as a best practice change the top directory name to 'yourname-project' then inside the directory 'yourname' run the pipenv run python train.py command

You can activate the virtual environment then run the file

    pipenv shell
    python train.py
Related