I am trying to implement a notification system in my app without the use of a library. Here is a gif of the issue: https://imgur.com/oRc11dM
And here is the jsfiddle of the gif: https://jsfiddle.net/w9yk7n54/
When you click on new notification button, already displayed notifications jump up to make room for the new notification and new notification slides in. I was wondering how I could make it so that they all smoothly go up together.
The notifications wont all be the same dimensions so I cant set static values for height/etc.
Thank you!
let btn = document.querySelector('button')
let container = document.querySelector('.notifications-container')
let notif_contents = [
"<p>1</p><p>1</p><p>1</p><p>1</p>",
"<p>test</p>",
"<div><h1>testtesttest</h1><p>yoloalsdfasdf</p></div>"
]
let current = 0
btn.onclick = () => {
let notif = document.createElement('div')
notif.classList.add('notif')
notif.innerHTML = notif_contents[current]
notif.addEventListener('animationend', () => {
notif.parentElement.removeChild(notif)
})
current++
container.append(notif)
}
* {
box-sizing: border-box;
}
.container {
height: 300px;
width: 400px;
border: 1px solid black;
position: absolute;
}
.notifications-container {
position: absolute;
top: 0;
right: 0;
height: 100%;
width: 200px;
background: rgba( 0, 0, 0, 0.2);
display: flex;
flex-flow: column nowrap;
justify-content: flex-end;
overflow: hidden;
}
.notif {
position: relative;
width: 100%;
padding: 10px;
border: 1px solid black;
animation: notifAnim 5s forwards;
transition: all .2s;
background: white;
}
button {
z-index: 100;
background: lightcoral;
color: white;
border: none;
padding: 10px;
font-size: 20px;
margin: 5px;
}
@keyframes notifAnim {
0% {
transform: translateY( 100%)
}
20% {
transform: translateY( 0)
}
80% {
transform: translateY( 0)
}
100% {
transform: translateY( 100%)
}
}
<div class="container">
<button>New Notification</button>
<div class="notifications-container"></div>
</div>