C# Blazor client-side read hash parameters from url

Viewed 3454

I have a project in Blazor

And on the client-side, I want to read hash parameters

I know how to do it in JavaScript - but my question is how to do it in c# client-side in Blazor project

For example, I have an URL http://localhost:5060/#token=12345678

How to take token?

my code in index.cshtml

@page "/"
@inject Microsoft.AspNetCore.Blazor.Services.IUriHelper UriHelper

<h1>Hello, world!</h1>

url is @Url

@functions {
protected override void OnInit() {
    Url = GetUrl();
}

public string Url { get; set; }

public string GetUrl() {
    return ?;
}
}
2 Answers

If you can do it in JavaScript, then use JavaScript Interop: 1. Define a JavaScript function which extract the token. 2. Define a C# method which call the function

But it would be still better to do that with Blazor which itself use JavaScript... What you need is to look at the methods defined in Microsoft.AspNetCore.Blazor.Services.UriHelperBase and/or Microsoft.AspNetCore.Blazor.Browser.Services.BrowserUriHelper

Hope this helps...

Note: the <base> element is set in the Index.Html file located in the wwwroot folder.

"The HTML <base> element specifies the base URL to use for all relative URLs contained within a document. There can be only one element in a document.

The base URL of a document can be queried from a script using document.baseURI."

Try this:

var absoluteUrl = UriHelper.GetAbsoluteUri();
var token = absoluteUrl.Substring(absoluteUrl.IndexOf("=") + 1);

For reading hash parameters in C# Blazor without JavaScript or other client-side solutions I need to change function, like in the code below:

@functions {
  private string url = string.Empty;

  protected override void OnInit() {
    string url = UriHelper.GetAbsoluteUri();
    string[] parameters = url.Replace(UriHelper.GetBaseUri(), "").Replace("#", "").Split('&');

    string token = string.Empty;

    foreach (string prm in parameters) {
      if (prm.IndexOf("token=") >= 0) {
        token = prm.Replace("token=", "");
      }
    }

    UriHelper.OnLocationChanged += OnLocationChanged;
  }

  private void OnLocationChanged(object sender, string newUriAbsolute) {
    url = newUriAbsolute;
  }

  public void Dispose() {
    UriHelper.OnLocationChanged -= OnLocationChanged;
  }
}
Related