How do I store a Python package on Gitlab and install it in a Conda environment?

Viewed 685

I followed the steps in this tutorial to store and install my package using Git and pip:

I created a git repo of the project directory and used pip to install it from that repo. When I try to import my package, I got this error ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'statstemplate'.

I ran conda list and my package is listed

Name                    Version                   Build  Channel
... other packages ...
statstemplate           0.1                       <pip>

I tried to remove that package and try again by running conda remove -n myenv statstemplate and got an error

PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are missing from the target environment
  - measurements

I then tried installing the package in the tutorial just to prove to myself that it works and I got the same problem. I get the same error messages when I try to import the module in the tutorial and remove it from my conda environment.

Can somebody please explain to me what I did wrong?

(I do not just want to run python setup.py install. I'd like to store it in GitLab).

0 Answers
Related