My talend job process is:
- Read excel file
- Insert Row in Table.
But I want to ignore row which contain NULL for specific column. Is there any way to ignore row which contain NULL for specific column?
My talend job process is:
But I want to ignore row which contain NULL for specific column. Is there any way to ignore row which contain NULL for specific column?
You can use a filter in a tMap to filter out null columns :
tFileInputExcel -- tMap -- tDB..
in the tMap output filter, you can use the expression :
row.Column != null
For the sake of completion, as mentioned by alex, you can also check for empty string:
row.Column != null && !row.Column.trim().isEmpty()
I've added a trim, in case the string contains only whitespaces.
If the imported field is of String type, I have found when using Excel to use the following in the filter:
!Relational.ISNULL(row.Column) && row.Column.length() > 0
As Excel and Talend sometimes have a different understanding of what NULL is in a given field.