Expected response code 235 but got code 535 laravel send email using office365 smtp

Viewed 26303

I want to send email using my office365 smtp credentials in laravel application. i have make changes in my .env file for email settings as below:

MAIL_DRIVER=smtp
MAIL_HOST=smtp.office365.com
MAIL_PORT=587
MAIL_USERNAME=info@***.com
MAIL_PASSWORD=*******
MAIL_ENCRYPTION=tls

while i am trying to send email i got error like

Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username \"info@omoyyc.com\" using 2 possible authenticators. Authenticator LOGIN returned Swift_TransportException: Expected response code 235 but got code \"535\", with message \"535 Incorrect authentication data\r\n\"

my email sending code is as below

Mail::send(array(), array(), function ($m) use ($templatecontent) {
        $m->from('customerservice@****.com', 'TEST');
        $m->to('test@gmail.com', 'Test')
                ->subject($templatecontent['subject'])
                ->setBody($templatecontent['content'], 'text/html');
    });

Can anyone guide me what is the issue and how to solve this issue?

4 Answers

I don't know if the cause is the same as OP, but I got the same error. I fixed it by enclosing the password with double quotes.

I'm assuming that the parsing fails when the password contains special characters.

I had the same issue. I used Gmail SMTP, with less secure apps enabled & 2-factor auth disabled, and nothing worked. And surprisingly as @jessij mentioned, setting the password in double-quotes worked.

Do below in .env file:

Replace: MAIL_PASSWORD=yourpassword
With: MAIL_PASSWORD="yourpassword"

If your password contains special characters like "john@#3398", put this in " ". Then clear your php artisan cache using

php artisan config:cache

Then start your php artisan serve.

Related