How to show Custom View on the top of the keyboard in react-native

Viewed 1094

I am developing sample app, where I need a separate over which should be placed on the keyboard that appears when click on textInput. I tried giving absolute position, zIndex everything but it is not worked.

So can anyone tell me how to do that. I am doing this for custom keyboard some modules did not gave me correct once so I preferred this.

1 Answers

Each platform - iOS / android - has its very specific APIs regarding Keyboard display, and customization.

The amount of customization you can do on existing keyboard is limited (ex: suggestion fields on top of the keyboard on iOS...), if you really want something specific, you might want to develop your own keyboard (look at https://github.com/reactnativecn/react-native-custom-keyboard the repo is 2 years old but might give you good inspiration, this other one is more recent : https://github.com/wix/react-native-keyboard-input)

Related