I've read through the ArangoDB 3.4 docs and the ArangoSearch view tutorial, but I'm still unclear on if/how views can be combined with graph traversals. There is an example of a graph/view join in the tutorial; however, what I need to do is to simply filter the candidate pool resulting from a traversal with a view-based text search. For example:
"for i in 2..2 outbound start_doc edges1, inbound edges2 [filter by view] return i"
The initial 2-hop traversal from the "start_doc" vertex will result in a much smaller candidate pool than the entire collection. I want to then perform a text search on this candidate pool using a configured view (probably "text_en" analyzer).
Would i just define the view expression after the traversal? Or would I need to use a "union_distinct" function to combine the traversal and the search results? (This seem like it would be very inefficient given a potentially very large result set from the view.)
Thanks!