Azure DevOps - Azure Resource Group Deployment: set value of subscription dynamically

Viewed 506

I have an Azure Resource Group Deployment Task that deploys an Azure Key Vault. To configure the task I have a config file where each value in this config file is environment-dependently converted to an environment variable. But when I want to use a variable in field Azure subscription I get the error ##[error]Error: Task failed while initializing. Error: Endpoint auth data not present: <endpointName> If I hardcode the value into the task the deployment works (i.e. the usage of variables in the other fields like Resource group is possible).

enter image description here

Is the usage of a variable for Azure subscription just not possible or is there a way to do that?

Thanks

1 Answers

Unfortunately it is not possible to do that. It has to be selected manually. If someone has a better answer please share.

Related