Is it possible to upgrade PostgreSQL 9.2 directlly to Postgres 11.1 over CentOs 7 + cPanel?

Viewed 3295

I need PostgreSQL 11.1, but my CentOs 7 + cPanel shows:

[root@hwsrv-359572 csf]# postgres --version;postmaster --version;
postgres (PostgreSQL) 9.2.24
postgres (PostgreSQL) 9.2.24
[root@hwsrv-359572 csf]#

I can UPGRADE from 9.2 to 11.1?

Are the differences between 9.2 and 11.1 very, very big and is it required to install PostgreSQL 11.1 completely?

Maybe some links symbolics is sufficient? by example 9.2 use:

/var/lib/pgsql/data

but from version 10.x PgSQL use:

/var/lib/pgsql/{version}/data

is very hard/impossible do upgrade from 9.2 to 11.1 and then no lost the GUI of cPanel + PhpPgAdmin?

is best do a installation fresh of Postgres 11.1?

when I do this, cPanel does not detect Postgres and more: GUI PhpPgAdmin interface is lost in cPanel.

I believe the best option is to upgrade, because cPanel includes only Postgres 9.2

However, I can't find how to upgrade from 9.2 to 11.1

0 Answers
Related