In my Spring Boot(2.0.5) project I was using Elasticsearch(5.6.9). However, due to some bugs in testing environment we are moving to Spring boot(2.1.0). When I run the application the following message comes up:
***************************
APPLICATION FAILED TO START
***************************
Description:
An attempt was made to call the method org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.mapping.put.PutMappingRequestBuilder.execute()Lorg/elasticsearch/action/ActionFuture; but it does not exist. Its class, org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.mapping.put.PutMappingRequestBuilder, is available from the following locations:
jar:file:/C:/Users/User/.m2/repository/org/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/5.6.9/elasticsearch-5.6.9.jar!/org/elasticsearch/action/admin/indices/mapping/put/PutMappingRequestBuilder.class
It was loaded from the following location:
file:/C:/Users/User/.m2/repository/org/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/5.6.9/elasticsearch-5.6.9.jar
Action:
Correct the classpath of your application so that it contains a single, compatible version of org.elasticsearch.action.admin.indices.mapping.put.PutMappingRequestBuilder
Process finished with exit code 0
Current pom.xml file
<parent>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-parent</artifactId>
<version>2.1.0.RELEASE</version>
<relativePath/>
</parent>
<properties>
<elasticsearch.version>5.6.9</elasticsearch.version>
</properties>
<dependencies>
<!--...others...-->
<!--ELASTICSEARCH-->
<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-data-elasticsearch</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.elasticsearch.client</groupId>
<artifactId>transport</artifactId>
<version>${elasticsearch.version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.elasticsearch.plugin</groupId>
<artifactId>transport-netty4-client</artifactId>
<version>${elasticsearch.version}</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
Previous pom.xml file which worked fine:
<parent>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-parent</artifactId>
<version>2.0.5.RELEASE</version>
<relativePath/>
</parent>
<properties>
<elasticsearch.version>5.6.9</elasticsearch.version>
</properties>
<dependencies>
<!--...others...-->
<!--ELASTICSEARCH-->
<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-boot-starter-data-elasticsearch</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.elasticsearch.client</groupId>
<artifactId>transport</artifactId>
<version>${elasticsearch.version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.elasticsearch.plugin</groupId>
<artifactId>transport-netty4-client</artifactId>
<version>${elasticsearch.version}</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
Can someone tell which version of elasticsearch is compatible with Spring Boot 2.1.0? I read through similar questions which were outdated. Compatible versions of Spring boot,elasticsearch and spring data elasticsearch