Trouble installing homebrew package (mopidy) on new environment

Viewed 62

I recently upgraded my laptop to one of the touchbar MacBook Pros. I'm currently reconfiguring my dev environment and seem to have run into a little issue with brew, python, and perhaps pyenv too.

The stack trace I am getting from trying to run brew install mopidy is the following:

  1. Command executed: ==> python -c import setuptools... --no-user-cfg install --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/mopidy/2.2.1
  2. Error: Homebrew python stacktrace screenshot

As you can probably tell, the version of Python in which homebrew is using apparently does not have setuptools installed. I have done the following:

  • Installed python3 and python2 with pyenv and installed python3 with brew

Then:

  • set up pyenv with 2.7 and 3.7.1 | pyenv versions:
    • system
    • * 2.7.5 (set by /Users/adonis/.pyenv/version
    • 3.7.1
  • I have brew link'd everything brew doctor told me to
  • I have attempted the following pip commands:
    • pip install setuptools
    • pip3 install setuptools
    • pip3.7 install setuptools
    • Also have tried using sudo -H pip install
  • Worth noting that the only Python directories in /usr/local/Cellar/ are the following (ls /usr/local/Cellar | grep python):
    • gst-python
    • python
    • python@2

I have exhausted google and SO for answers and the majority of accepted solutions include either specifying the pip version when using the install command or installing it globally. Not a lot of discussion of this issue on OS X. I am very confused and would like some help! Thanks.

0 Answers
Related