Note: I need to achieve this with pure javascript, I know there is a .one() method in jquery to do this, but I need the same output in pure javascript.
Scenario: I am trying to call a function when a user scrolls and reaches to the 3/4 part or more of the page, but the problem rises when user reaches that part, We all know they can't be pixel perfect so, after the condition is met, the function gets executed per pixel scroll.
I want that to execute only once the condition is met, then add a section at the bottom of the page, and then again user should reach the bottom and the function should get executed only once and so on...
Snippet:
var colors = ['skyblue', 'powderblue', 'lightgreen', 'indigo', 'coral'];
var addPage = function() {
var page = document.createElement('div');
page.classList.add('page');
page.style.backgroundColor = colors[Math.floor(Math.random() * colors.length)];
document.body.append(page);
console.log('added a new page');
}
var scrollAndAdd = function() {
if (window.scrollY < (window.innerHeight * (3 / 4))) {
// execute addPage only once for each attempt; it's creating infinite pages
addPage();
}
}
window.addEventListener('scroll', scrollAndAdd);
* {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}
.page {
height: 100vh;
}
<div class='page' style='background-color: lightgreen'></div>
<div class='page' style='background-color: skyblue'></div>