I am looking for a way to generate an expression tree from a script in C#. Currently, I am using IronPython, but I am open to switching if it would make it easier to get the expression tree. Also, I realize that I could get this from implementing my own scripting language; however, I would rather use one that is already created if possible.
If a scripting language besides IronPython is recommended, I need it to have: if statements (preferably with and/or), mathematical operations (+,-,*,/,log,%,^), loops, and the ability to add custom functions.
As an example of what I am trying to do, I have included two blocks of code.One calculates the bonus using an expression tree that is created and then compiled:
using System;
using System.Linq.Expressions;
namespace Test
{
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
Employee employee = new Employee() { Salary = 100000, BonusPct = .05 };
Expression<Func<Employee, double>> calcbonusExp = x => x.Salary * x.BonusPct; ;
var calcBonus = calcbonusExp.Compile();
Console.WriteLine(calcBonus(employee));
Console.WriteLine(calcbonusExp.NodeType);
Console.WriteLine(calcbonusExp.Body);
Console.WriteLine(calcbonusExp.Body.NodeType);
foreach (var param in calcbonusExp.Parameters)
{
Console.WriteLine(param.Name);
}
Console.Read();
}
}
public class Employee
{
public double Salary { get; set; }
public double BonusPct { get; set; }
}
}
The other calculates the bonus using IronPython:
using IronPython.Hosting;
using Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting;
using System;
namespace Test
{
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
Employee employee = new Employee() { Salary = 100000, BonusPct = .05 };
ScriptEngine engine = Python.CreateEngine();
ScriptScope scope = engine.CreateScope();
ScriptSource source = engine.Execute(
@"def calcBonus(employee):
return employee.Salary * employee.BonusPct
", scope);
var calcAdd = scope.GetVariable("calcBonus");
var result = calcAdd(employee);
Console.WriteLine(result);
Console.Read();
}
}
public class Employee
{
public double Salary { get; set; }
public double BonusPct { get; set; }
}
}
Is there any way to get the same expression tree out of the block of code using IronPython (or any other scripting language)?