TypeError: res.blob is not a function

Viewed 20593

I want to implement file download using this Angular 6 code:

Rest API:

private static final Logger LOG = LoggerFactory.getLogger(DownloadsController.class);

@GetMapping(path="export") 
public ResponseEntity<byte[]> export() throws IOException {
    File pdfFile = Paths.get(EXTERNAL_FILE_PATH).toFile();


    byte[] fileContent = Files.readAllBytes(pdfFile.toPath());

    HttpHeaders headers = new HttpHeaders();
    headers.setContentType(MediaType.parseMediaType("application/pdf"));
    // Here you have to set the actual filename of your pdf
    String filename = "output.pdf";
    headers.setContentDispositionFormData(filename, filename);
    headers.setCacheControl("must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0");
    ResponseEntity<byte[]> response = new ResponseEntity<>(fileContent, headers, HttpStatus.OK);
    return response;
}

Service:

import {Injectable} from '@angular/core';
import {HttpClient, HttpParams} from "@angular/common/http";
import {Observable} from "rxjs/index";
import {environment} from "../../../environments/environment";
import {HttpUtils} from "../common/http-utils";
import { map } from 'rxjs/operators';
import {Http, ResponseContentType} from '@angular/http';


@Injectable({
  providedIn: 'root'
})
export class DownloadService {

  constructor(private http: HttpClient) {
  }

  downloadPDF(): any {
    return this.http.get(environment.api.urls.downloads.getPdf, {
        responseType: 'blob'
      })
      .pipe(
        map((res: any) => {
          return new Blob([res.blob()], {
            type: 'application/pdf'
          })
        })
      );
    }  
}

Component:

import {Component, OnInit} from '@angular/core';
import {DownloadService} from "../service/download.service";
import {ActivatedRoute, Router} from "@angular/router";
import {flatMap} from "rxjs/internal/operators";
import {of} from "rxjs/index";
import { map } from 'rxjs/operators';

@Component({
  selector: 'app-download',
  templateUrl: './download.component.html',
  styleUrls: ['./download.component.scss']
})
export class DownloadComponent implements OnInit {

  constructor(private downloadService: DownloadService,
              private router: Router,
              private route: ActivatedRoute) {
  }

  ngOnInit() {   
  }

  export() {               
    this.downloadService.downloadPDF().subscribe(res => {
      const fileURL = URL.createObjectURL(res);
      window.open(fileURL, '_blank');
    });         
  } 
}

The file is present in the directory but when I try to download it I get error:

ERROR TypeError: res.blob is not a function
    at MapSubscriber.project (download.service.ts:24)
    at MapSubscriber.push../node_modules/rxjs/_esm5/internal/operators/map.js.MapSubscriber._next (map.js:35)
    at MapSubscriber.push../node_modules/rxjs/_esm5/internal/Subscriber.js.Subscriber.next (Subscriber.js:54)
    at MapSubscriber.push../node_modules/rxjs/_esm5/internal/operators/map.js.MapSubscriber._next (map.js:41)
    at MapSubscriber.push../node_modules/rxjs/_esm5/internal/Subscriber.js.Subscriber.next (Subscriber.js:54)
    at FilterSubscriber.push../node_modules/rxjs/_esm5/internal/operators/filter.js.FilterSubscriber._next (filter.js:38)
    at FilterSubscriber.push../node_modules/rxjs/_esm5/internal/Subscriber.js.Subscriber.next (Subscriber.js:54)
    at MergeMapSubscriber.push../node_modules/rxjs/_esm5/internal/operators/mergeMap.js.MergeMapSubscriber.notifyNext (mergeMap.js:84)
    at InnerSubscriber.push../node_modules/rxjs/_esm5/internal/InnerSubscriber.js.InnerSubscriber._next (InnerSubscriber.js:15)
    at InnerSubscriber.push../node_modules/rxjs/_esm5/internal/Subscriber.js.Subscriber.next (Subscriber.js:54)

Do you know how I can fix this issue? Do I need to add additional configuration in order to download the file via Angular web UI?

I use spring-boot-starter-parent version 2.1.0.RELEASE and angular 6

Update: I tested this but nothing happens:

downloadPDF(): any {
    return this.http.get(environment.api.urls.downloads.getPdf, {
        responseType: 'blob'
      })
      .pipe(
        map((res: any) => {
          return new Blob([res], {
            type: 'application/pdf'
          })
        })
      );
    } 
1 Answers

Use the res.body instead of res while constructing the Blob.

downloadPDF(): any {
    return this.http.get(environment.api.urls.downloads.getPdf, {
        responseType: 'blob'
      })
      .pipe(
        map((res: any) => {
          return new Blob([res.body], {
            type: 'application/pdf'
          })
        })
      );
    } 
Related